Bergstrom started in 1949 and has since grown into one of the world's leading manufacturers of climate control solutions for the commercial vehicle industry.
- 1951 Elvin Rydell joins Bergstrom.
- 1952 Bergstrom begins producing heaters for Carpenter & Thomas School Buses.
- 1954 Bergstrom begins producing heaters for Caterpillar.
- 1966 Bergstrom produces first heating & air conditioning unit for Kenworth trucks.
- 1971 32-acre Rockford facility becomes corporate headquarters.
- 1988 Bergstrom begins producing HVAC units for Volvo.
- 1989 Bergstrom Europe is founded in Birmingham, UK.
- 1991 Bergstrom becomes supplier of choice for International Truck & Engine Corporation™ climate systems.
- 1993 Bergstrom supplies HVAC assemblies to New Holland.
- 1997 Bergstrom begins assembling cabs for Caterpillar.
- 1998 Bergstrom China opens its doors in Changzhou, China.
- 2000 Bergstrom acquires Kysor-Westran and begins producing HVAC for Mack Truck.
- 2003 Bergstrom acquires Sigma.
- 2008 Bergstrom forms partnership in Russia.
- 2010 Bergstrom's Joint Venture in India opens its doors.
- 2010 Bergstrom builds partnerships in both Turkey and Brazil.
- 2012 Bergstrom's San Antonio location opens its doors.
- 2013 Bergstrom acquires Dirna.
- 2013 Bergstrom acquires Innovative Product Development Corporation (IPDC).