Bergstrom Inc. introduces new booster pump for bus and specialty marketMarch 21, 2012
Bergstrom Inc., a global leader in the design and supply of climate systems to the commercial vehicle industry, today launched its next-generation booster pump for the bus and specialty market.
The new pump, which will be available for sale during the second quarter, pumps coolant to auxiliary heaters and is designed to be higher performing, more efficient, more durable and less prone to leaks.
"One of the main flaws we saw with existing booster pumps on the market is their susceptibility to leaks and lack of durability,” said John Bracey, vice president of engineering for Bergstrom, Inc. "We feel that we’ve succeeded in developing a booster pump that is more robust and far superior to anything that’s currently on the market.”
The new booster pump delivers higher reliability and efficiency, even in severe weather conditions. The result is better, more consistent heating in buses and specialty vehicles.
• Dupont zytel plus nylon material for the housing, impeller and cover.
• Long lasting Silicon Carbide mechanical seal
•Three inlet options (90 degree inlet, straight inlet and adjustable angle inlet).
• High performance - EPDM blend cover seal.
• Pump assembled in mounting bracket.
• Severe service capability, with ambient temperatures of -40F to 240F under hood and working pressure of more than 60psi.