Bergstrom Inc. introduces Cool Zone™ - A/C system for school busesOctober 27, 2016
Bergstrom Inc., a global leader in the design and supply of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) solutions to OEM and aftermarket on and off-highway customers across the world, today introduced its newest product – an air conditioning system for school buses called Cool Zone™.
Cool Zone is an OEM-quality system that is more reliable and efficient than comparable units currently on the market. Recent testing on a Blue Bird bus to Florida and Texas School Bus Specifications revealed that Cool Zone cools the bus down five minutes faster than what’s required by the state specs.
Customer will get their first look at the new Cool Zone system during the annual summit of the National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT) from Nov. 4 – 8 in Kansas City.
"Bergstrom began producing heaters for Carpenter & Thomas school buses in 1952,” said Bill Gordon, division president of Bergstrom Parts, LLC. "We’ve taken this industry expertise and engineered an OEM-quality air conditioning system for the school bus market that will keep students comfortable and happy.”
The Cool Zone system consists of front and rear bulkhead units, a midship unit, a dash unit, two three-fan condensers and two compressors.
- Installation and maintenance are simple with adjustable mounting brackets and filters that are easy to service.
- Electronic freeze protection on the rear bulkhead prevents coils from freezing and a fully insulated case prevents case sweating.
- On the midship unit, a powder-coated galvannealed steel construction prevents rust and provides maximum durability. The two adjustable double louvers and ball louvers optimize air flow for passengers.
- The 2-ton thermal expansion valve on the front bulkhead improves A/C performance while the fully adjustable louvers direct airflow and enhance cooling.
- Three sealed axial fans produce 1600 actual cubic feet per minute airflow. Performance is maximized with zincchromate-plated steel hardware and a powder-coated steel receiver drier with 12 cubic inches of molecular sieve.
- Compressors options are highly reliable and serviceable and include Sanden Enhanced SD7 or Seltec TM-21.
- Cooling and heating capability in dash unit maximize occupant comfort in both hot and cold climates. The filter is serviceable and easy to access and louvers are fully adjustable for optimal airflow control.
The Cool Zone system is customizable and can consist of any combination of bus systems. Factors that determine the different types of packages include the size of the school bus, state regulations and average weather temperatures in the different regions of the U.S.
To learn more about the new bus system, please contact Effie Reyes at 815-874-7821 ext. 6150.