Bergstrom Inc. introduces NITE® Phoenix Space Saving Innovation (SSI)March 16, 2017
Bergstrom Inc., a global leader in the design and supply of climate systems to the commercial vehicle industry, has introduced an addition to its popular NITE® no-idle lineup – the NITE Phoenix Space Saving Innovation (SSI) system.
The NITE Phoenix SSI is a battery-operated A/C split system that has the highest cooling capacity of any battery-powered, no-idle system on the market. It features Bluetooth® technology and is designed to fit all sleepers.
"The NITE Phoenix SSI is a powerful addition to our line of NITE systems and we are very pleased to be able to help drivers in hot climates stay cool,” said Christophe Barreau, Bergstrom’s managing director of No-Idle products in North America. "Operators will rest easy knowing they will sleep comfortably with the NITE system in place.”
Other key features include:
- Plastic internal unit, durable external condenser assembly
- Automatic digital temperature control for optimum comfort at driver’s fingertips
- Controls provide service diagnostics
- Installs easily under bunk
- Highest ROI in the industry due to extremely low maintenance requirements
- Rotatable blower assembly to aid in adapting to OEM ductwork in select applications
- Aluminum framed recirculation filter gives extended coil life
- Serviceable evaporator coil, receiver drier and TXV
- Brushless motors in compressor, evaporator blower and condenser fan for extended life
The NITE Phoenix SSI can reduce fuel usage by as much as 3,800 gallons of fuel per year, based on diesel prices of $3 per gallon, 8-cylinder engine, 1,000 idling RPM, eight idling hours per day, 240 days per year (Reference: epa.gov.).
In addition, the system provides a comfortable temperature range for drivers, alleviates clogging of truck engine DPF, helps reduce harmful diesel particulate emissions and complies with anti-idling laws.
NITE SSI meets TMC’s recommended practice (RP) 432A, which offers performance requirements of engine-off HVAC systems for sleeper cabs, is approved by the California Air Resources Board (ARB # 08-643-004), and is certified by the EPA’s SmartWay Program.
The NITE Phoenix SSI is on display this week at Bergstrom’s booth at the Work Truck Show in Indianapolis, IN (booth 5562) and will also be at the Mid-America Truck Show in Louisville, KY on March 23-25, 2017 (booth 13068.)
For more information about NITE Phoenix SSI, please visit nitesystem.com or contact Victor Gontero at firstname.lastname@example.org.