NITE fast facts
The NITE system consists of four major system components:
- High-efficiency air-conditioning system
- Optional compact air heater
- Rechargeable power source
Driven by the NITE rechargeable power source, the air conditioner draws no energy from the truck’s electrical system when the truck engine is shut down. The heating system uses a tiny fraction of the diesel fuel that is burned by an idling engine: 0.03 to 0.06 gallons per hour as compared to about 1 to 1.5 gallons per hour.
- The NITE A/C unit: 72 lbs
- Batteries provided by Bergstrom: 300 lbs
- Optional battery boxes: 48-88 lbs (3 available versions)
The NITE system is very easy to install. It fits almost any truck, old or new. Owner-operators and fleet owners can retrofit existing trucks or spec new trucks with the NITE system.