Assembly Skills and Services
When it comes to contract work, you can trust Bergstrom. Our contract assembly skills and services are best matched for electrical, hydraulic and mechanical components and systems which require high-quality levels, comprehensive testing and stringent cost controls.
For example, Bergstrom provides contract assembly services for cab assemblies of Caterpillar’s off-road machines, which include track-type tractors, motor graders, wheel loaders, wheel tractor scrapers and off-highway trucks. Since these units are built and tested in our North American facility, it allows our customer to meet their "Made in the USA” requirement.
Your Facility or Ours
Whether it's located within your facilities, in a stand-alone site or in a Bergstrom plant, we will work with you to design a program to best fit your specific needs. We can also provide material procurement and supply chain management functions as part of a total contract manufacturing approach.
Whether it is a turn-key solution to a specific manufacturing requirement or a component approach, Bergstrom will provide a customer-focused management team to insure a smooth start-up and successful long-term operation.
You can trust the Bergstrom team to manage a facility that exceeds the industry standards in terms of safety, housekeeping, work force efficiency and logistics.
Work Force Management
- Recruitment – We have disciplined recruitment processes, including realistic job previews that provide potential employees the opportunity to learn more about Bergstrom.
- Training – Hands-on and classroom instructions covering blueprint reading, quality, safety, diversity and conflict resolution.
- Mastery-Focused Environment – Our goal is to continually challenge and develop our employees through our mastery program.
- Profit Sharing Program – Our defined profit sharing program ties compensation to performance.
- Assembly Methods – Our CAPPS (computer aided process procedure sheets) assembly guides provide accurate and up-to-date information for assemblers. Build techniques include cell or stall build and progressive line build where the product is assembled as it is moved from station-to-station.
Test & Validation Methods
- Comprehensive electrical testing to insure functionality
- In-process inspection
- Complete assembly audit
- Pneumatic leak tests
ISO 9000: 2000 Certification
Bergstrom’s contract assembly operations are ISO compliant and in the process of achieving certification. All the contract assembly employees are trained in ISO 9000:2000 registration requirements.
For more information, please contact us today.